Storm Is Coming

Ominous clouds line the horizon, & forecast looks bad for summit attempt tomorrow. We are going to push for it, but chances of success are 50% according to my very personable guide Ben.

Ben suggested we take the ski lift partway up which shaved 2.5 hours off the climb. I told him I felt like a dirty lowdown cheater but he wanted to beat the rain and it was a good call as it started raining soon after camp was complete. I’ve been caught in rain before and all of my clothing layers, sleeping bag, socks, everything got wet and did not dry for days. Trust me alpine climbing in soggy underwear is not fun.

We will wake at 1:00AM, if storming we will try later.

Ben is a Sagittarius.