Change of Plans

As Napoleon famously said, no plan survives contact with the enemy, and so it is with highpoints.

I was planning on doing Eagle Mountain the Minnesota highpoint today, but heavy rains rolled in last night dumping lots of water on the highpoint as well as Duluth, and continued thunderstorms are forecasted today. If I didn’t have another option, I would go ahead and do Minnesota, but since I’m within striking distance of Wisconsin, I’m going to head for that one instead. It is a 7 hour round trip drive without stops, but a much shorter 1/2 hour hike and its dry there, at least for now.

I’ll try for the 6 mile Eagle Mountain climb tomorrow, and I expect it to be a muddy bog.